Saturday, March 27, 2010

Winging It - Addendum!!

I forgot to mention...I felt like a deer in the headlights when asked by Erin if I wanted to do a spotlight. My butterflies took flight and at first I declined but with some gentle nudging by Erin, I decided to go for it. So glad I did...it was a great experience!!

Once I decided to do a spotlight I had to come up with a plan if I was going to stick to my new mantra: leadership, focus, have a plan, etc., I knew that winging it would not set us up for success - I had to be very clear on what I wanted to do. I decided on liberty and decided we'd do the 7 games with different obstacles so that we would be doing familiar things in an unfamiliar place/situation. I focused on each task/game, playing with the horse that showed up, being passively persistent but effective. Everything came together perfectly. Sure we have a ways to go but I'm so pleased with where we are at the moment and I'm looking forward to moving onward and upward!!

No comments: