Sunday, March 27, 2011

PRIOR AND PROPER PREPARATION!!!

Since it’s getting so warm now, 88 today in sunny FL, and Renegade is sooooo hairy and sweats whenever we play, I decided to body clip him. I’d never body clipped a horse before and I had to buy a set of clippers since the ones I have were good for bridle paths and light clipping. Renegade was soooo good through the entire process and I did a pretty good job for a first timer. One side looks really good, the other needs a bit of touch up but we’d both had enough for one day. I’m so glad that way back when, I took lots of time getting Renegade used to clippers so I could clip his bridle path. I can do that at liberty out in the pasture! Taking the time back then made everything go smoothly today!! Love me some pony boy, Renegade and soooo proud of him!

2 comments:

Marion Princic said...

Proper and prior preparation... I really should get milva used to clippers as well. She is shedding her wintercoat like crazy right now do when I brush her alot of birds appear to pick up her hair for their nests :). Have a nice Monday! Xx

craigeagle23 said...

Awwwww...so cute the birds use her hair to make a soft lining in their nests for the babies.

I'm so glad I put in the time to get Renegade comfortable with clippers; it paid off big time yesterday. He actually enjoyed it, I think he thought I was giving him a nice massage lol!!