Monday, August 22, 2011

Reflecting!!

I was just telling my husband tonight that 5 years ago I could never imagine saying this but I was commenting on how I wish my other horses could be more like Renegade. I can turn him loose in the yard to graze and he's quiet, doesn't get into anything he shouldn't, doesn't tear anything up...in other words, I don't have to worry about what he's up to. Five years ago, that wouldn't have been the case...he was just the opposite. I love that he's so reliable about some things now. Of course, there is always room for improvement but overall, I'm very happy with our progress over the years. That's saying a lot as 5 years ago, I actually thought I was way over horsed and thought about finding Renegade a more suitable home with a much more knowledgeable human partner. I'm so glad I never followed through on that idea. I can't imagine my life without him now!!

No comments: