Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Catching Up After Slacking on My Blogging!!

I don't get a chance to blog as often as I'd like since life seems to always get in the way. Things like work, playing with my horse, and university, takes up a whole lot of my time and of course there are the everyday responsibilities like housework, laundry, cooking, etc.!!

Renegade gave me a gift tonight while playing stick to me. We were playing at the trot and doing well so I decided to up it to canter. I stopped, asked Renegade if he was ready, took off at a trot then did a left lead canter depart and Renegade did it with me, at the same time, on the same lead. As soon as he did it, I stopped but he took about 4-5 more canter strides and realized I'd stopped. He slid to a stop, turned around and came right back to me!! YeeHawww and WooHoooo!! We got a correct lead canter depart!! Stopping the run off at the end will come later, for now I'm giddy with the simultaneous canter depart on the "correct" lead!!

Well, gotta go for now, will catch up more later.

No comments: