Monday, December 7, 2009

PLAN WITH GOALS - In Development

1.) PLAN: Get circling game GREAT on 22', do as many as necessary to get 8-10 good
ones
GOAL: 8-10 consistent circles at trot, soft, maintain gait, maintain direction,
me in neutral

2.) PLAN: Get squeeze game GREAT on 22', maintain gait, speed, direction, even over
obstacles (at least 4)
GOAL: Stand on my "spot", have Renegade trot/canter circles, jumping obstacles,
with me in neutral

3.) PLAN: Lateral Flexion - get soft and supple
GOAL: lightly pick up rein and ask, nose comes around, ask with cs and nose
yields softly

4.) PLAN: Direct and Indirect Reins - get soft and supple
GOAL: Soft yields of both HQ and FQ without moving the other end, riding with
more focus to use reins less, use cs to reinforce before using reins

5.) PLAN: Freestyle circles, figure 8's, and 180's, do circles, starting large and
try spirals, 180's, Question box, Bow Tie, CS riding
GOAL: soft circles and figure 8's with no corrections, follow my focus

6.) PLAN: Question Box - use to get Renegade asking questions, use to prepare for
bow tie pattern later when asking for canter and lead changes. I can
practice my riding position changes to prepare for lead changes later!
GOAL: Renegade asking questions frequently, soft round circles, follow my focus,
not using reins for corrections - use CS instead

7.) PLAN: CS Riding - practice, practice, practice, until I'm comfortable, learn how
to keep it from bouncing on shoulder, Renegade responding at phase 1
GOAL: Renegade responding at phase 1, I'm comfortable with CS and it doesn't
bounce

8.) PLAN: Online w/22' or 45', get comfortable with process and get rope handling
skills better, driving from zones 3, 4, and 5

REMEMBER:

EFFECTIVE PHASES, AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE BUT AS EFFECTIVE AS NECESSARY (MATCH HORSE + 4 OZ.)

KNOW WHERE I AM AND WHAT I'M DOING AT ALL TIMES WITH MY HORSE - AM I TEACHING, CONTROLLING, REINFORCING OR REFINING - MAKE SURE I'M DOING THE RIGHT THING AT THE RIGHT TIME!!!

BE IN THE MOMENT WITH MY HORSE - DON'T LET MY MIND WANDER!!

No comments: