Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Vet Today!!

I LOVE MY VET, MY PONIES, AND PARELLI!!!

Dr. Weller was here today to do shots on all 4 horses. I couldn't have been more pleased with the way the horses were so relaxed and stood quietly for their shots. Even Renegade who, pre-Parelli, used to dance circles around the vet and it was like trying to hit a moving target to give a shot, stood quietly for his shots. He did take one step forward one time but I asked him to take two steps back. That was all the correction he needed to stand quietly.

And...what can I say about my vet...she is so awesome...she is never direct line, introduces herself to each horse before doing anything, asks permission to be in their space, does friendly scratches/rubs before doing anything. I always make sure she has a treat for each after she's done and they look forward to that.

We had an interesting conversation about body energy and CHI...I am going to have to do some research on that.

No comments: