Monday, January 24, 2011

Play With Me!!

I have to confess, I didn’t really play with Renegade tonight. I wanted to set up my “arena” with a large circle, a weave, a figure 8, some cavalettis, and the bow tie so I can start more freestyle riding and getting our patterns much better. I brought my cones, a 22′ line to measure with, a hay bag, and Renegade with me. While I set up, Renegade “grazed” on the hay bag and when I finished setting up, we just hung out while he continued to munch and I played friendly with the cs and string while listening to music. It was a nice way to spend some time after a very manic/hectic day at work.

Our time together was nice and relaxing until we went at liberty back to the pasture and Renegade decided to leave me. Well, a catching game ensued and the more provocative I got the more he wanted to play. We ended up in a STM game at the trot all over the place. I think he was bored and was saying “play with me!!”.

Sometimes I forget, he's been relaxing all day while I'm at work and when I get home and want to relax, he's ready for some action!!

No comments: