Sunday, August 14, 2011

HUMMM...AND RE-EVALUATING

With the closing of the Parelli Center and the pressure of doing the Flex Track off, I've given Renegade the past two days off and have just spent some undemanding time with him while he grazes. It was better this way anyway as I was a bit emotional after the announcements from Parelli Headquarters. I think Renegade has enjoyed the time off as he started calling to me when I rounded the corner on the way to the pasture and kept it up til I reached the gate then he began nickering vigorously. I think he was happy to see me and anticipating being able to graze in the yard.


It's been so hot and humid here that it's been a welcome break for both of us taking a couple of days off. I'm contemplating backing off quite a bit for the next month or so and concentrating on just making deposits in our relationship bank with the hope of being able to make some withdrawals when the weather cools down a bit. I'm sure we'll have the occasional play time but shorter in duration and working on only 1 or 2 things at a time for now. I've made the decision that being a Parelli Professional is no longer a priority and that goal will be replaced by another when I get it figured out. I'm just going to focus on my relationship with my horse and my horsemanship. With the closing of the Parelli campus, now might be the time to investigate other opportunities, i.e., dressage with Karen Rohlf!



No comments: